Livable Mountain View Announces
Success in Campaign to Assign Historic Designation
to Weilheimer House, Former Air Base Laundry
See our announcement.
Understand The Facts:
FACT: Under our current Precise Plan, there is nothing to stop developers from tearing down any building on Castro St.
FACT: We can change this. Sign this petition to stop the destruction of all buildings on Castro Street until we have a new Precise Plan to preserve our downtown.
SEE what our Precise Plan actually says and why it preserves NOTHING. Analysis here.
SEE what other Peninsula cities do to maintain livability in this matrix comparing Mountain View to surrounding areas.
Current resources, articles & videos about development in our city and other’s nearby:
- History Of Castro Street And Its Buildings
- A walk in DTMV with Dan Sakols (video)
- 10 Commandments of Smart Growth
- Combining Density and Livability
- Bruce Liedstrand Column: Making MV A Great Place For People to Live (pdf)
- PBS: Big Companies Destroy MV (transcript and video)
- Can This Downtown Be Saved?
- Santa Clara Residents Try to Bring Back Downtown that Was Torn Down (video)
- Palo Alto Proposes Limiting Office Development (pdf)
- Bierhaus owner speaks out (video)